This post covers the details of Medicare Part B blood glucose monitor.
Medicare is a health insurance program for citizens of U.S. wherein their Part B plan covers physician and non-physician services like diagnostic tests. Furthermore, preventive services along with diabetic supplies are also covered.
Fine Essentials of the Plan
The most important info about this is that you can get the benefit by submitting a doctor prescription. Next, when you present the red, white and blue Medicare Part B cards in the pharmacy of your choice you can avail the following benefits:
- Blood glucose monitor
- Blood glucose test strips
- Lancets for finger sticks
- Spring powered lancet devices
- Blood glucose monitor batteries
- Calibrating solutions for testing your blood glucose monitors.
You are eligible for the reimbursement only up to 80% while the rest 20% have to be borne by you.
An important disclaimer for purchasing Medicare Part B blood glucose monitor is- it is better to buy your blood glucose monitor from one of the Medicare’s participating supplier. Since their charges are Medicare-approved amount, you need to pay just 20% of the amount. You may risk paying more if your pharmacy has a pricing that is more than Medicare-approved amount.