Free Bayer Contour TS blood glucose monitor is the easiest way to test glucose level in blood accurately without any investment for the device. This post highlights the features of the monitor and gives the link for free offers.
Features of Bayer Contour TS Blood Glucose Monitor:
Using this glucose monitor, get the results quickly in a span of about 5 seconds with just 0.6 micro-litres sample of blood. Further, it can store in memory 480 test results, which is an added advantage. You can even monitor the results with it 7 days high and low test results display feature. The highlight of this instrument is that it does not require any coding with its exclusive No Coding™ technology .i.e. the precise code is set automatically.
- Accurate results
- Conveniently vast display screen
- Easy view of orange test strip ports
- User friendly operation with large buttons
Where to Buy?
- One of the offers for getting a free Bayer Contour TS blood glucose monitor is at Family drugstore.com; they offer free monitor on the purchase of 200 strips at the site http://www.familydrugstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FREEDDPBAY1801&gdftrk=gdfV21400_a_7c650_a_7c2017_a_7cFREEDDPBAY1801 .
- Another site from which you can avail a free monitor is http://www.diabeticcareservices.com/Content/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryID=25&ItemID=01-119, conditions are that you should be an insurance holder of Medicare or any private insurance company and should purchase at least 100 test strips.
- You can also get the benefit directly from the official site of Bayers Contour site at the link- https://offers.bayerdiabetes.com/CouponReg.aspx?product=contour
This post covers the details of Medicare Part B blood glucose monitor.
Medicare is a health insurance program for citizens of U.S. wherein their Part B plan covers physician and non-physician services like diagnostic tests. Furthermore, preventive services along with diabetic supplies are also covered.
Fine Essentials of the Plan
The most important info about this is that you can get the benefit by submitting a doctor prescription. Next, when you present the red, white and blue Medicare Part B cards in the pharmacy of your choice you can avail the following benefits:
- Blood glucose test strips
- Lancets for finger sticks
- Spring powered lancet devices
- Blood glucose monitor batteries
- Calibrating solutions for testing your blood glucose monitors.
You are eligible for the reimbursement only up to 80% while the rest 20% have to be borne by you.
An important disclaimer for purchasing Medicare Part B blood glucose monitor is- it is better to buy your blood glucose monitor from one of the Medicare’s participating supplier. Since their charges are Medicare-approved amount, you need to pay just 20% of the amount. You may risk paying more if your pharmacy has a pricing that is more than Medicare-approved amount.
What does 220 mg on a blood glucose monitor mean to you and your family? Blood glucose monitors are used to check glucose levels. There are two types of tests- fasting and random with the normal range lying under 82 and 120 each respectively. Though it may vary according to individual circumstances and conditions, it is better to take professional advice. In any case 220 mg for fasting or post is really high and it is highly advisable to take immediate doctor’s advice.
Sometimes, it may be a blood glucose monitor error too, which may be caused due to coding or some other reason. It would always be on the safer side to recheck again than completely relying on these results given by blood glucose monitor.
What is the Problem?
If your family has been bothered about- ‘What does 220 mg on a blood glucose monitor mean?’, then it means the probability of diabetes mellitus. This is not a disease but just a condition which can be maintained and brought under control with proper diet, enough exercise, proper medication and leading a healthy, tension free lifestyle.
Links for Diabetes Info
Here are a few sites that aid you in management of diabetes. Since most of them are site run by government they even keep you updated with latest information.